Tuesday 25 August 2015

Inspirations For A Pilgrim


Only 15 more pages available for sale, and I am so delighted at all the people who have felt a resonance with the project and are supporting me on my journey by buying pages and becoming Page Pilgrims with me... and ... I am really enjoying colouring in the circles as the pages get sold. This colourful dotted page makes up the first entry into the artist book that I am creating to document the journey.

Here are a few of the wonderful comments I have been receiving from people as they engage with the project, choose their page number and become Page Pilgrims: 


"What a wonderful project and inspiring journey you have chosen to embark on. I am delighted to become a 'page pilgrim" 
JB Author of Camino Guides

"I love and admire what you're doing and feel connected to it" 
RL. UK

"Thank you for sharing your journey. I will be with you all the way.I saw your video on Facebook yesterday and it really touched me. You are a beautiful person. I feel that being part of your journey will bring me something beautiful too. I'm already very thankful for that. Good luck and enjoy." 
KV Belgium

To buy your page click here

I am already here in Portugal and I am enjoying feeling the colours and shapes of the country come in. Last week as we were moving our caravan to a different spot, I took the opportunity to drive up along part of the route of the Camino with my partner to get a feel for some of the path. I am also doing some research into how I want to visually document my journey and create a beautiful and authentically expressive book.


Below are some visual impressions of recent glimpses of time here in Portugal. They are some examples of how I see colours, shapes and forms in my environment that can potentially be inspiring for illustrations and visual documentation.

A Portuguese tiled façade of a house, a square bridge over a flowing river, a large shade making leaf, sun drying tomatoes.





and another one ... 

"You are an inspirational multi talented young woman, I wish you lots of fun, love, laughter, and insights on your journey. You are two beautiful souls and together you make magic happen. Love to you both xx Big hugs. " 
SB. UK