Tuesday 21 July 2015

Week By Week Pilgrimage

As time progresses and more Page Pilgrims are buying pages and joining me in spirit on my pilgrimage from Lisbon to Santiago and onto Fisterra, I am realising the extent to which I have created a project which is going to impact me in many ways and beyond probably anything I can expect.

To help you choose what page you would like to buy here is a compact week by week description of the landscapes that the path will take me on. Every week and every day will bring me new things for my daily artist entry into the 40 Pages of Pilgrimage diary. A hot pot of landscapes, thoughts, inspirations, emotions, and reflections will all go into the mix for daily creation.

To own an original page from this unique book I will be creating and publishing and take part in the art in the making go to Buy Pilgrimage Page.

It will be wonderful to create a page for someone each day. The illustrations, poems, writings, jottings, line makings, scribbles and whatever else that may arise be will all be part of this wonderful visual journey journal that I wish to create and I would love to have you join me along The Way.

Here is the route I will be embarking on and a rough guide to arrival and departure points along the way to help you choose your page.

Week 1 -  Lisbon to Santarem - From Vibrant Lisbon, following the river, water and current of life, through the ‘Garden of Portugal’ and onto a Gothic city

Week 2 - Santarem to Coimbra - Rolling hills, olive groves and through a temple city following the Roman roads and farm tracks - walking a variety of paths. 

Week 3 - Coimbra to Porto - Through picturesque woodlands and vineyards leading to the Atlantic Ocean and into the famous UNESCO port. 

Week 4 - Porto to Tui - The path weaves through countryside and town, traverses the threshold into Spain rife with history and spectacular baroque architecture. 

Week 5 - Tui to Santiago - Quiet country roads and beautiful woodlands, gentle rivers and coastline paths weave the way to the glorious Santiago de Compostela. 

Week 6 - Santiago to Fisterra - A walk to the end of the world! Onto the Costa da Morte (Coast of Death) where pagans believed the sun died and the worlds of the dead and the living became closer. A journey towards the expanse of the Atlantic.