Wednesday 8 June 2011

Hazel's Lionistic and Illustrative Art

I have been delighted to have the opportunity to paint my lions in Lighthouse over the last month. They are pretty much all finished and can be seen in the Pride in Bournemouth exhibition throughout the summer starting from 25th June.
Once the final few coats of varnish have been put onto my lovely lions, I will be back in Lighthouse, illustrating performances and continuing my R&D at lighthouse in preparation for my forthcoming art work. I look forward to developing my illustrative work and am delighted to have had the opportunity to be commissioned three lions as as you can see they communicate themes and styles of interest from my own art practice.
Throughout the process of painting live in Lighthouse foyer, I had a portfolio of my illustrations so far from my work at Lighthouse. Thank you for all the positive feedback I have had from people interacting with me and my art. I look forward to exhibiting the originals later on during my residency at Lighthouse.
Below are three pictures of my finished lions.
Best wishes
Hazel