Friday 3 June 2011

Gemdeco Lion finished for Pride in Bournemouth

Well this week so far has been filled with lioning! Last Thursday I was commmissioned a third lion for Pride in Bournemouth for Landrover UK, based on a prise winning design I created in January of this year. I have had to take this lion, Freedom Flighter, to my home to complete due to the immenant deadline and the launch of the Pride in Bournemouth Exhibition, so unfortunately this one will only be able to be viewed in it’s finished state in the final exhibition.

I finished Gemdeco today, and am really delighted with the result as aswell as meeting the speck for the Cumberland Hotel Bournemouth, this design really ties in well with my current research and development work I have been doing at Lightouse with my illustrative work. The lines and the the flow of the design are really up my street with the art deco influence. I have really enjoyed working on this design. I have been working all the hours I can on Gemdeco, Tuesday night I was in Lighthouse until 10.30pm putting in the final touches … all in the name of art!

More pictures to come of the finished design … also don’t forget to get a map of the Pride in Bournemouth Exhibition and see my three lions. Britannia will be situated in the lower gardens in Bournemouth, Gemdeco will be in the Cumberland Hotel in Bournemouth overooking the sea, and Freedom Flighter will be in Christchuch.

See you soon for the next installment of art in Lighthouse …

Best wishes

Hazel